After 15 years as CEO of A-Train, the company who operates Arlanda Express, Per Thorstenson is retiring towards the end of the year. Under his leadership, Arlanda Express has become established as one of the world's most successful, award-winning, airport train companies. The recruitment process to find a new CEO is underway.
Arlanda Express is a major feature for visitors to Stockholm, carrying millions of tourists and Stockholmers every year. Under Per Thorstenson's leadership, the company has won many awards for train design, on-board service and the company's commitment to diversity and durability. At the same time, the number of passengers has been steadily increasing on the Arlanda rail link.
"Leading Arlanda Express has been incredibly rewarding. Together we have created a company that is very strong, as a brand and financially. Our goal has always been to be leading example for customer service, not only in Sweden, but internationally. It is with pride I can say we have succeeded,” Thorstenson said.
The recruitment process to find the next CEO is underway and further announcements will be made in due course. Per Thorstenson will remain as an advisor to the company in a transition period.
"Under Per’s exemplary leadership A-Train has developed strongly as a company. It is with great appreciation that we thank him and wish him well in the future,” said Simon Geere, chairman of A-Train.
Milestones under Per Thorstenson’s Leadership
- Service Score: Best Service "Land Transport" 2013-2017
- Per Thorstenson awarded as Person of the Year by The Global AirRail Alliance
- Cambridge Analytica: 3G Diversity Awards 2016
- Swedish Transport Administration: Sweden's most punctual train operator, 2011- 2015
- Global AirRail Awards: Best service in the world for express trains to / from airports 2013
- Monocle Magazine: No. 2 in the World - Travel Top 50 2012
- Monocle Magazine: Best Express Train to / from Airport 2012
- Red dot design award / Product design 2011 of the year
- Global AirRail Awards: Project of the Year 2011
- ISI Wissing: Most satisfied customers in the travel industry 2011
- Newspaper Manager: The Year's Expert Award for Working with Diversity 2010
- Stockholm Chamber of Commerce / Stockholm Shippers: 2002 Transport Company
For further information, please contact:
Per Thorstenson CEO, Arlanda Express
+46 (0) 73 688 90 20 firstname.lastname@example.org
About Arlanda Express
Arlanda Express is the airport express train linking Stockholm’s Central Station and Stockholm Arlanda Airport. Trains depart six times an hour in peak-time traffic and every fifteen minutes at other times. The journey takes no more than 20 minutes. Arlanda Express has been awarded the Swedish Society for Nature Conservation’s eco-label “Good Environmental Choice”. The service began in 1999. 75 million passengers have now travelled on the Arlanda Link between Stockholm City Centre and Stockholm Arlanda Airport and 3.7 million passengers travelled with Arlanda Express in 2017.