Environment and CSR
Arlanda Express and CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility)
Arlanda Express to cooperate with Red Cross
Arlanda Express has decided to support the Red Cross through a long-term cooperation. Our commitment will commence in our Diversity Declaration, as inspired by the UN’s human rights declaration.
We will help the Red Cross to maintain and develop its cost-free discussion groups. The Swedish language represents a central part of the integration process and, for many people, language training and social contacts are the keys to living a multifaceted life in Sweden.
We will also support the Red Cross in its effort to reunite families separated during wars and disasters. Every year, the Red Cross helps thousands of families to reunite. Some of these reunions occur at Arlanda and it is natural for us to be involved here.
Arlanda Express is committed to diversity
At Arlanda Express, diverstity is a watchword that is taken into account in all operations. Our internal focus on diversity is governed by the Arlanda Express Diversificatin Policy, which specifies that:
- Arlanda Express aims for cultural and ethnic diversity in recruitment
- Arlanda Express strives to have a broad age distribution and balanced gender distribution among its employees
- Arlanda Express does not toelrate discrimination in any form
Arlanda Express extends its commitment to diversity to include external accountability through a Declaration of Diversity. The Declaration of Diversity is inspired by the UN Declaration of Human Rights. With this DoD as a point of departure, Arlanda Express will identify projects and goals to which the company will commit, such as through economic contributions.
- Arlanda Express Declaration of Diversity
- Arlanda Express believs that all human beings are of equal value and have the same rights
- Arlanda Express believes that all diversity means broadmindedness, acceptance and equality
- Arlanda Express believes that diversity hastens democatisation locally and globally
Based on the UN Declaration of Human Rights, Arlanda Express supports increased diversity. Arlanda Express supports its business partners to focus progressively on diversity.
Arlanda Express and the environment
Train travel is eco-friendly. Emissions are very low and it’s an energy-efficient way to travel. Did you know that next to cycling, trains are the best way to travel from an environmental perspective?
Our trains run on 100% green electricity, or electricity labelled a “Good Environmental Choice.” This means that renewable sources, such as hydropower, wind power or biofuels, are used to generate the electricity.
environment climate clever